Insert Coin to Play

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Friday, February 13, 2009

--OH MAN THAT WAS A CLOSE ONE--


I think there's an Internet bloglaw that says if you don't post in your blog for one full year, you give up all rights to that blog and anyone who wanders in and starts squatting gets official rights to it. I first read about this bloglaw on Bob Loblaw's Law Blog.

Anyway, a fair bit has changed since my last post from the innocent and halcyon days of early 2008, and I'm going to be taking my little slice of e-pie in a new direction. So in that spirit, let's perform a little bit of that voodoo that you do, shall we? Ahem...

Arise! Arise, ye damned bloated corpse of a blog, laying stranded and alone on the trash-strewn shores of the online ocean, and live again! Stretch those legs, shrug those shoulders, and get that ass in gear!

Ahh, there we go. Now, onto new business. Assuming anyone ends up reading this again, it will almost certainly be by people who already know me, either through the magic of dark technology or because of that "Otherworld" plagued by the burning ball in the sky. That being said, I'm gonna approach this as if you know very little about me and care just about as much.

I have an interview coming up a week from today to join the JET Program(me) and teach English in Japan starting this summer! I sent in my written application in November and found out I'd been chosen for Part Two: Apply Harder a couple weeks ago.

At this point I have roughly a (consults made up statistics) 40% chance of being accepted, and I'll find out for sure in April. In the meantime, I'm planning on using this space to discuss my written application and, once the shit goes down, the interview itself (aka the Crucible aka the Thunderdome).

If I'm lucky enough to get accepted, then I'll continue on talking about my zany adventures in Japan featuring samurai and throwing stars and Godzilla singing karaoke. If I don't get accepted, then I'll happily serve as a cautionary tale and continue on with my life as a game writer! No big whoop! So that's it for now. If you're reading this, there's a good chance it's well after the fact, so go ahead and scroll up to see how it all turned out!

PS - if you read the post before this, you'll see me talking about a couple of games that were on the cusp of release. Here it is a year later, and those two specific games still haven't been released. Meanwhile, we've released something like half a dozen other games. Games industry, huh?! CRAAAZY!!!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, Blogger ... said...

I fucking LOVE this blog!

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger ... said...

Wow sorry, I got a little excited there and didn't get a chance to get all my thoughts in before I hit post. Houk, you and I are going to have some fabulous adventures in the land of the rising sun - complete with ninjas, impromptu rock concerts, and copious amounts of alcohol. It's gonna be a blast! I'm enjoying this read though. You're quite the talented writer - now I know why they pay you the big bucks :D I've got one of these too: http://genkicanuck.blogspot.com/

It's sort of the same idea, actually so I guess great minds think alike! Anyhow, I've gotta jet. See you around ITIL!

- Langus

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger FemmeDeBloom said...

SOP at the University of Phoenix means "Standard Operation Procedures" aaha I thought you should know that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]