Insert Coin to Play

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Thursday, December 27, 2007

--AND THE VOTES ARE IN--


And boy did the Japanese guys ever not like my game ideas. Not surprising, given they're high-fantasy traditional-RPG die-hards (m-m-multihyphen!). I already knew my tastes didn't sync up with theirs, but I still had fun coming up with the concepts. Who knows - maybe someday I'll be in a position to actually flesh them out and use them somewhere else down the line.

In other news, the (in)famous comic book website Newsarama has teamed up with Shadowline to discover the Next Great Super Heroine. It's an open call for all comers to submit their best and brightest ideas, with the winner getting his/her own 3-book miniseries with that character. The art and publishing are already in place, so it's pretty straightforward. Anyway, I've got a few ideas I'll be submitting, and I encourage anyone else interested in this sort of thing to give it a shot. Couldn't hurt, right?

Oh, and the winner will be decided by popular vote. Which means if I make the top 5, you better believe I'll be whoring out that URL. But the catch is, each finalist has to formally agree not to reveal which story is whose. So back-alley dealings and kickbacks aside, you'll just have to trust your instincts. Just remember - mine will be the most awesome one.

1 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger Kaseius said...

Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]